The basis for all of our services has always been engineering.
EDGI has always provided an engineered solution for our client’s needs
upon which the appropriate control system solution could be built.
This design capability ensures that the client truly has single point responsibility
for their control system, whether it is a Balance of Plant (BOP) control for a GE LM6000,
a petroleum automation system or a wind tunnel automation system.
Over three decades of engineering experience is a critical component in the state-of-art automation.
Our Systems Integration group assists in the development of the control philosophy and:
- Prepares the system architecture
- Establishes a detailed technical scope
- Purchases the hardware/software
- Develops the application software
- Develops the Human Machine Interface (HMI)
- Develops a test environment
- Assembles the system
- Develops Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) plan
- Develops system training documentation
- Commissions the system
- Performs operational and system acceptance testing
- Conducts operations and maintenance training
In addition to the power generation,
EDGI has provided control systems for the petroleum industry:
From desert oil fields to arctic pipelines, from gathering stations to export terminals,
from metering stations to tank farms, from consultancy to turn-key systems,
from packaged modules to multi oil field systems.
Whatever the application, EDGI has a proven solution.
EDGI utilizes only Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) hardware and software components
in our automation packages. EDGI provides the client with the application source code.
All of this ensures that the client is able to obtain support from a variety of sources throughout
the life cycle of the system.